CSA (Climate Smart Agriculture) project: Capturing synergies between mitigation, adaptation, and food securityNgày đăng: 27/05/2017Lượt xem: 1386CSA (Climate Smart Agriculture) project: Capturing synergies between mitigation, adaptation, and food security is funded by EC and FAO and is being implemented during 36 months (January 2012 – January 2015)
The expected long-term impact of the Project is to contribute to the achievement of MDG1: Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger; and MDG7: Ensure Environmental Sustainability. The expected outcome of the Project is that capacities of the three partner countries to undertake, and access financing for, CSA is increased.
The following outputs are expected to be delivered through the Project:
1. An evidence base for identifying, developing and implementing practices, policies and investments for climate smart agriculture is built in the three partner countries.
2. Country-owned strategic frameworks for climate smart agricultural activities are formulated.
3. Climate smart agriculture investment proposals are formulated and possible financing, including from climate finance, is identified.
4. Capacity for evidence-based planning, implementing and financing climate smart agriculture is built in the three partner countries.
The Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) project will addresses the challenges of building synergies among climate change mitigation, adaptation and food security that are closely related within agriculture and minimizing their potential negative trade-offs. It seeks to enhance the capacity of the agricultural sector to sustainably support food security, incorporating the need for adaptation and the potential for mitigation into development strategies.
- The project has three major components (research, policy and institutional strengthening) is managed by FAO HQs (Rome) in cooperation with 3 FAO Country offices in Malawi, Zambia and Vietnam.
- In Vietnam, the government partner is the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), and the implementing organisation is Northern Mountainous Agriculture and Forestry Science Institute (NOMAFSI)
Project contact persons for Vietnam: Ms. Lipper Leslie (FAO) at Leslie.Lipper@fao.org, Dr. Andrea Cattaneo (FAO) at (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Pham Thi Sen (NOMAFSI) at email@example.com and Dr. Bui My Binh (MARD) at Binhbm.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Liên kết website
- Thăm dò ý kiến
Bạn thấy nội dung trên chuyên trang CSA như thế nào?Phong phú, đa dạngTạm đượcCần bổ sung thêmBình chọnKết quả
Bạn thấy nội dung trên chuyên trang CSA như thế nào?
Tổng số:154 phiếu
|Phong phú, đa dạng||
|Cần bổ sung thêm||