Potential CSA models
Agroforestry and the development of integrated production systemsNgày đăng: 03/05/2017Lượt xem: 1065"Agro-forestry" is the concept of integrated production systems, combining agriculture and forestry, rather than a production practice.In this document, the agroforestry practice is used to talk about the intercropping practice of agricultural crops with forest trees, with the aim to generate more income for farmers before long-term crops for harvesting. At the same time, it also creates the source of cover materials, soil protection, anti-erosion when the long- day plants have not closed canopy. The simplest techniques include: (i) planting and management of perennial crops as usual, in the absence of intercropping, (ii) In the first 1-5 years (depending on the type of plant) after long-term cultivation, intercropping of short-term crops such as black beans, peanuts, maize, cassava, ginger .... in the middle of the long row of trees. It is necessary to apply fertilizers and care for intercropped crops.Figure 1: Intercropping of maize in the rubber garden (left) and maize in the forest garden(right)
In agroforestry systems and other synthetic systems, the diversity of crops and / ornlivestock is raised on the same land area, over the same period. The objectives of these systems are:
- Better adapt to abnormal climatic conditions, reduce the level of vulnerability, and recover quickly after the impact of climate change and natural disasters; Reducing the risk of complete loss, and thereby contributing to ensuring food security.
- Generate more biomass, contributing to better carbon recovery
- Better use of land, water and energy resources, better handling and recycling of waste. In Vietnam, home gardens and the garden-fishpond-animal husbandry (VAC) and garden-fishpond- animal husbandry-forest (VACR) are integrated production systems that have been developed by farmers for a long time, in all regions (Pham Thi Son et al., 2008).
Main impacts / benefits:
- Increasing biodiversity, diversifying income sources, helping farmers to better adapt, less vulnerable to climatic fluctuations and quickly recovering their production systems after the impact of natural disasters and climate change;
- Increasing the carbon capture and storage capacity of the production system, thus reducing the climate change.Source: nomafsi.com.vn
- Liên kết website
- Thăm dò ý kiến
Bạn thấy nội dung trên chuyên trang CSA như thế nào?Phong phú, đa dạngTạm đượcCần bổ sung thêmBình chọnKết quả
Bạn thấy nội dung trên chuyên trang CSA như thế nào?
Tổng số:209 phiếu
|Phong phú, đa dạng
|Cần bổ sung thêm